Pages

Friday, December 18, 2015

Ohuhu Electric Pencil Sharpener Review


About the Ohuhu Electric Pencil Sharpener

Automatic safety lock function function -the pencil sharpener stops operation once the shaving tray is removed. This makes it 100% kid safe. Automatic idling once the pencil tip has been shaved within 0.3-0.5mm/0.01"-0.02". The replaceable sharpener core design will greatly extending the service life [1 replacement core included]. Sharp durable SK5 steel blade & large easy-clean shavings tray with faster and stable cutting performance. Has multiple power sources so it can be powered by either USB (wire included) or 4 AA batteries (not included).

My Experience
When I first used this pencil sharpener on a colored pencil the lead broke and I had to take it apart to get it to work again. In the process I learned a lot. First, the tray is difficult to take out. I'm sure this is a great safety feature, but it can be a little frustrating. I would make sure to open it over a trash can, just in case it makes a mess. The blade is easy to remove. The extra blade will surely extend the usefulness of the sharpener. I'd like if it included information as to where I could buy additional blades. After I removed the blade I was able to get the lead unstuck. It was easy to put the blade back again. While I had it taken apart I decided to test the automatic safety lock feature. It worked perfectly, the blade didn't move at all. After I had it reassembled I tried it on a regular #2 pencil. It worked very well and idled when it was sharp, so it didn't over-sharpen. I tried it again with a colored pencil and it felt a little glitchy. I concluded that the wood and/or lead in the color pencils must be softer than a regular pencil. The foam feet work well so it doesn't scratch the surface it is on, but they didn't prevent it from slipping while in use. I do love the option of being able to plug it into a USB or used AA batteries. The AA batteries option makes it portable. After having it plugged into the USB for a while I got a message that it was causing a drain on my computer. So I'm going to be sure to unplug it when it's not in use. Overall, it's easy to use and has some great features, but could also use some improvements.

You can purchase the Ohuhu Electric Pencil Sharpener here.


I received this product mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment