Pages

Saturday, April 30, 2016

Pangira Organic Chemistry Molecular Model Set Review



About Pangira Organic Chemistry Molecular Model Set
This Organic Molecular Model set contains 80 plastic atoms and 76 bonds providing students with the ability to create and visualize different molecular models. Set Contents: • 32 - Hydrogen Atoms (White) • 30 - Carbon Atoms (Black) • 6 - Oxygen Atoms (Red) • 4 - Nitrogen Atoms (Blue) • 2 - Sulphur Atoms (Yellow) • 4 - Halogen Atoms (Green) • 2 - Metal Atom (Grey) • 30 - Medium Connectors (Grey) • 16 - Long Connectors (Grey) • 20 Single (White) • 10 Double (White) • 1 Bond Removal Tool 
What makes the Pangira Organic Chemistry Model Set stand out from competition: 
Higher number of carbons (30) and hydrogen (32) atoms than most sets making it a great model kit in reducing chances of running out of those carbon atoms when creating ring structures. This model set is the perfect size to carry in your backpack or purse. The snap-closure mechanism on storage box prevents spills and the compartments keep the atom models and bonds conveniently separated. It is easy to assemble and disassemble saving time on building molecules. All the atoms and bonds slip into and out of each other nicely making it easy to rotate bonds: carbon-carbon bonds are easy to rotate, allowing boat to chair conformational changes in seconds. 


Our Experience
This is an incredible Organic Chemistry Model Kit. I used a kit similar to this one when I took the OChem series in college. I really needed to use a model to be able to visualize and really understand the angles of these bonds and the shapes of molecules. I wish I'd had a set then (they wouldn't let us take them home) and I used gumdrops and toothpicks. My kids destroyed a lot of matter. I've been using this kit with my sons (nine, seven and four) to build simple molecules like water, hydrocarbons and Crapinon (C21H25NO2). The kit comes in a nice, sturdy organizer with adjustable inserts. The atoms and bonds fit together perfectly and my 4yo had no trouble assembling the pieces. Lots of fun!

You can purchase the Pangira Organic Chemistry Molecular Model Set here.

I received this product on a promotional discount for my honest review and they are 100% my own opinions. I received no compensation for this review and I am not required to give a good review. I am also not associated with the seller in any way.

No comments:

Post a Comment