Pages

Saturday, October 4, 2014

My Credit Reward Chart Review



About My Credit Reward Chart
The Victoria Chart Company is a leading innovator in practical, simple solutions for busy parents who want positive results for their children’s development. Their reward charts engage and motivate children in a fun, interactive way so they can reach their full potential. Founded in 2004 by Victoria Ballard, their mission remains the same: provide parents with the information, tools and support they need to nurture confident, healthy and happy children.

Our Experience
We used this chart with my oldest son. Mr. O was eager to put it up and get as many checkmarks as he could. We started using this chart on the first day of school.  I like that there are eleven tasks already on the chart. It's kind of like someone else give the directions and not Mom. So he 'listens' a little better. The one he had a little trouble with was the 'I've done my homework' task. He felt that because his teacher hadn't given him an assignment he didn't need to do anything. I made the rule that he could get the checkmark if he read for 20 minutes. I also like that there is space to add our own tasks. It allowed us to have a discussion on what his responsabilitis should be. Together we chose Feed Fish and Laundry. I think the best part for me is he is now doing ALL his own laundry. Wash, dry, fold and put away! I can also say, "Look at your chart," when he comes to me saying he's bored. The rewards have also worked well. We've changed some of them week to week. Which helps keep him motivated. Overall I like how adaptable this chart is to each child. I think that we'll give his younger brother, Mr. R, a chance to use it too.

Connect with Victoria Chart Company
Website
Facebook
Twitter

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment