Pages

Thursday, October 9, 2014

Count and Learn Cookie Jar Review



About the Count and Learn Cookie Jar
The Count and Learn Cookie Jar is made by The Learning Journey International. Their mission is to provide an opportunity to offer every parent affordable, high quality educational materials to ensure a successful start in school for their children. Putting cookies in and out of this talking cookie jar is a fun way to learn about numbers and counting from one to ten. Two play modes encourage children to count from one to ten as well as recognize the numbers on the cookies. Requires two AA batteries (included). Recommended for ages 2+ years.




Our Experience
This is a great educational toy. My son, Mr. C, is 2 and a half years old. He is just the right age for using the Count and Learn Cookie Jar. I like the two different settings. One counts from one to ten and the other helps with number recognition. Mr. C is at the stage right now that he can count to ten, but doesn't recognize the numbers visually. So he will quickly count while putting them in in any order. When I sit with him I try to get him to go slower and look at each number. His brothers will also try to help him. It is durable which is so important in a child's toy. I also like that the cookies have the number printed on the back the corresponds to the amount of chocolate chips on each cookie. 
The one improvement I would make is to have an easier way to attach and remove the back cover. Mr. C was getting frustrated that he couldn't get it back on. So when he wasn't looking I just hid it and after about a day he seemed to forget about it. Now he can drop cookies into the slot and easily dump them out or reach in to remove them.



Connect with The Learning Journey International
Website
Facebook
YouTube
Pinterest

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment