Pages

Sunday, June 8, 2014

Phonics and Reading with McGuffey for iPad Review

Disclosure: I got this product as part of an advertorial.


About Phonics and Reading with McGuffey
Phonics and Reading with McGuffey I is a all in one low cost tool for teaching beginning reading for all age groups. It does not patronize older students, and it does not terribly bore younger students. It is a software tool that acts as a one on one tutor for those who maybe struggling in their effort to learn the basics of reading English. It offers drills, and personal experimentation, as well as real world reading practice. Every concept is built in a systematic way, with the first concepts being the simplest and progressing from there. It was developed with real people in mind who have real problems learning the basics. It can be of value to students that are not struggling but would like to have structure in their efforts to learn as the student can set his or her pace when learning. 


Our Experience
Reading is such an important life skill! I know every child is different, but I kind of assumed that because Mr. O was reading when he was three that Mr. R would be the same. I'm sure part of it is the about of time I'm investing too. The middle child does kind of get overlooked sometimes.
I was excited to see what Mr. R thought of this program. We've work on reading some, but he quickly gets frustrated and wants to quit. He is able to say the name of each letter, but he has difficulty identifying the sounds each letter makes.
He favorite sections are the moving train, where he has to select the right word to move the train faster. He also like the word trailer. I like that this section will give him extra assistance by sounding out the letters. Overall, I think this program is helpful and is a great tool to add to our reading tools.
We will be using this over the summer, and hope that he is a little more prepared for kindergarten. 



Phonics and Reading with McGuffey can be purchased here.

I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free using Tomoson.com. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment