Pages

Monday, October 3, 2016

We Survived Month One

Well, the first month of homeschooling is behind us, and we survived. Some days were better than others, but I think we all learned a lot! For Mr. R we learned that math needs to occur before lunch, otherwise he can't stay focused and will have a mini meltdown. Mr. O finished fourth grade math and is already done with 41% of fifth grade. Mr. C has been enjoying Starfall and PBS Kids. I read aloud Mr. Pudgins by Ruth Christoffer Carlsen. This was a book I remember my mother reading to me at bedtime when I was young. I'm not sure what book we will read next.



We kept doing Khan Academy for our math. We added spelling to our daily routine from here. We also squeezed in a couple field trips. One to the Oregon Zoo and another to the Evergreen Aviation & Space Museum to see the Spruce Goose.




This month I'd like to work on more character education, but not a 100% sure where to start. Overall, I'm glad we made the decision to homeschool and look forward to seeing what interests emerge this month.

No comments:

Post a Comment