Pages

Monday, February 8, 2016

Polly Plastics Kit Review


About Polly Plastics
Polly Plastics Moldable Plastic is great for crafts, art projects, repair, model making, toys, cosplay costumes/masks and prototyping. I can also be used to make plastic parts without injection molds or 2-part epoxy systems. Just heat the pellets in hot water above 150 degrees F for 2-3 minutes until they turn from white to clear. Remove them from the water and you can mold them into any shape you desire. Upon cooling, they will be strong and permanent. If you change your mind, you can reheat and modify. Since this plastic is so strong, you can drill it, sand it, varnish it or superglue it to something else. Safe and biodegradable. Our 10 oz. container has enough plastic to form about a 2.5 inch solid cube.

My Experience
There are so many things that can be done with this plastic! I love crafts, so the first thing I wanted to make was something for Valentine's Day. I chose to make a little rose to add to a gift. I followed the steps. I heated up the water in the microwave. I added about 1Tablespoon of pellets to the water. They started to get clear and I add the color pellets. I used 2 blue and 2 red and you can see how close it matches the color chart. It took some time to throughly mix it together and I reheated the water several times to keep the plastic malleable. After it was mixed I used my hands to mold the plastic. It was a little like using clay except it hardened much faster. I like that if I made a mistake I could remelt the plastic and try again. I'm excited to use this in other crafts and household repairs.

You can purchase Polly Plastics here.

I received this product mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment