Pages

Wednesday, March 18, 2015

The SMART Playbook Review



About The SMART Playbook
The SMART Playbook is every parents go-to solution to fix a growing problem in our tech-savvy generation– teaching them basic social skills and manners in this fast-paced digital world. Written in a relatable style and chock full of games, these activity books have been called the "perfect solution" by educators and parents. Five SMART topics to help kids succeed in life and stand out for all the RIGHT reasons: Social Skill Basics, Mealtime Manners, Art of Conversation, Restaurant Behavior and Technology Talk. How to gracefully play the game of life in this modern world.

Our Experience
As a parent I try to take the time to teach all the necessary skills to my boys, but this book has reminded me of some of the areas I have overlooked. I think that Mr. O, at eight years old, is at just the right age for this book. I think it could be done with younger kids with modifications. By learning these skills Mr. O will be setting a good example for his younger brothers. There are so many wonderful skills that I can't cover them all, but two of them that stood out were Telephone Smarts and Table Setting 101. At the end of each skill there are fun games and puzzles to reinforce what was learned.
Because we no longer have a home phone, Mr. O is rarely given the opportunity to answer calls. Talking about phone etiquette and letting him practice by calling a friend was a great. I'm also letting him answer a few more calls, knowing that he understands a greeting and how to take a message.
When I was a kid I know I learned how to properly set a table, but to be honest I had forgotten some of the placements. It was fun learning again with Mr. O. He has set the table several nights all by himself, and then his brothers insisted on helping. He is also gaining the important skill of being a patient teacher with his brothers, which can be very difficult at times. I am so proud of him and look forward to the rest of the skills he will be learning. Overall, this book is a great resource for parents looking for a fun way to teach basic life skills.

Connect with The SMART Playbook
Website
Facebook
Twitter


I received one or more of the products mentioned above for free. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.

No comments:

Post a Comment