Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Big Updates - In Bits and Pieces

So much has changed in the past few months it's hard to know where to start. I keep thinking of things to write but they all get jumbled. I hope you stick with me and see my progression through the last few months. I hate to go back this far but I'm going to start with early July of last year. My grandmother had had a stroke in May and I started taking care of her in the mornings after she got home from the hospital. Now I'm not a nurse by any stretch of the imagination. But, I've always been close to my grandma and wanted to help. It was mostly giving her food and medications, and making sure she was stable and had company if she woke up.
In late July my mom came to visit and help take care of her mom. I'd still come by in the mornings to help too. She seemed to be getting better while my mom was here. She would have her eyes open more and occasionally she would say a few words. She celebrated her 95th birthday in August. Just after my mom left my grandma became less responsive. She had a slow decline until the end of September when she passed away. She was very loved and I will remember her always.

No comments:

Post a Comment